To provide the highest standard of health care and health promotion to our patients with the resources available to us
To provide the best general practice care for all we look after by working in partnership with our patients and practice team and by collaboration with external health and social service providers
Aims and Objectives
- To ensure patients are seen by the most appropriate health professional in a timely manner
- To ensure all patients are fully informed and involved in decisions about their care
- To ensure that patients are treated with respect, courtesy and dignity and without discrimination
- To maximise accessibility and the range of services offered to meet the needs of all our patients
- To provide effective health promotion and screening services and so maximise disease prevention
- To provide a safe and friendly environment for patients and staff
- To ensure that all members of our team have the appropriate and up to date skills and training to carry out their duties safely and competently
- To continuously review, develop and improve our services
The practice complies with Data Protection and Access to Medical Records legislation. Identifiable information about you will be shared with others in the following circumstances:
- To provide further medical treatment for you e.g. from district nurses and hospital services.
- To help you get other services e.g. from the social work department. This requires your consent.
- When we have a duty to others e.g. in child protection cases Anonymised patient information will also be used at local and national level to help the Health Board and Government plan services e.g. for diabetic care.
If you do not wish anonymous information about you to be used in such a way, please let us know.
Reception and administration staff require access to your medical records in order to do their jobs. These members of staff are bound by the same rules of confidentiality as the medical staff.
Suggestions & Complaints
We hope you are satisfied with the service provided. If you have comments on any aspect of your care here or in hospital we would be pleased to receive them.
CONCERNS AND COMMENTS
If you are unhappy with the medical care you have received, the practice has a complaints procedure which is available from reception; you can of course come and discuss any problems with your own doctor. If you have any other problems or concerns you wish to discuss, our Practice Manager will be pleased to talk to you.